Friday, April 12, 2013

Secrets Of A Tribal Bellydancer

I'm going to let you in on a secret.

Not that I'm ashamed of this...quite the contrary, I proudly share this little gem quite often.

As a bellydancer, any performance, workshop, or practice usually involves a high amount of shimmies and/or spinning. Which means anything we wear has a high possibility of leaving bellydance bread crumbs behind.

Even more terrifying? Wardrobe malfunctions.

My secret? Well, beyond the stitching and hand sewing...I use this little gem:





Not only do I love it as double insurance that my various costume and headpieces stay exactly as they are meant to be, I have it in my dance kit as a just in case back up.

You never know when a shimmy is going to leave something behind. Me? I prefer to be mysterious, and leave very little beyond memories behind.

And every girl has her secrets...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It gets lonely, so feel free to let me know you stopped by!