Monday, April 15, 2013

New Review...Taking A Shot By Jaci Burton




Hockey is a sport I get into. Tall men, a sexy accent here and there, and the games are fast paced (and a twenty minute period usually takes close to twenty minutes real time!). The lockout mad this girl a bit sad this year. As I pouted, I would see this cover here and there, but after being disappointed by other "hockey" novels I was book-shy.

But...





Fast paced, almost impossible to put down, and with hockey action so believable you'll want to bang on the glass in your favorite team's fan wear, Jaci Burton weaves a sport background romance so well and full of chemistry that you may just become a fan yourself. Jenna is spunky and loyal to her family, and surrounded by sports in a way that she can no longer appreciate any game or player.

Or so she thinks.

Ty is mesmerized by the sassy bar owner at Riley's, and wants to get to know more...

I loved how the characters in this story had dimension, from Jenna and Ty, to her family, and even Ty's Ice teammates. In fact, I'm so intrigued that I may just have to check out the other books in this series (and I'm so not a football or baseball kind of girl!).

The steam and sizzle don't disappoint, and you just might find yourself looking at things in your life in a different way. And perhaps gaining a little courage to follow your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It gets lonely, so feel free to let me know you stopped by!