Sunday, April 25, 2010

Review: Pleasure of a Dark Prince

From the back cover:


A DANGEROUS BEAUTY
Lucia the Huntress: as mysterious as she is exquisite, she harbors secrets that threaten to destroy her-and those she loves.
AN UNCONTROLLABLE NEED
Garreth MacReive, Prince of the Lykae: the brutal Highland warrior who burns to finally claim this maddenly sensual creature as his own.
THAT LEAD TO A PLEASURE SO WICKED
From the shadows, Garreth has long watched over Lucia. Now, the only way to keep the proud huntress safe from harm is to convince her to accept him as her guardian. To do this, Garreth will ruthlessly exploit Lucia's greatest weakness-her wanton desire for him
My Review:
True to my usual pattern, this was a series I picked up a few books into. An unabashed cover junky, that's me. I can't for the life of me tell you which one, but I can say I hungrily sought out the entire series. And then became disappointed when I caught up.
Warning: The Immortals After Dark series is addicting. The mixture of vampires, werewolves, witches, Valkyries layers in everything you would love about the paranormal. Strong females heroines who embrace head on with tenacious veracity every aspect about themselves. From strong sensuality, to (in my opinion) an addiction to texting, as well as loving shiny things, playing video games...inciting lightning. Yum. I adore strong female characters, and Pleasure of a Dark Prince is no exception.
Lucia, who is THE archer, can't miss a shot or else she'll experience the worst pain imaginable. She forgoes the...company...of the opposite sex, choosing this skill not only to protect herself, but those around her. Sometimes, she makes the wrong decision for the right reasons...like running from Garreth, the brother to the missing Lykae King, who turns out to be...well, you'll have to read that for yourself. I think you can guess ;), though.
If I had any complaints at all, it would be one of two things. The first, I think, is all a part of Kresley Cole's diabolical plan to make me (and in turn, you) salivate for more, forcing you to want to re-read the series over and over. The book follows a longish time span, which begins early in the series, and extends farther into it. Which means, we encounter many characters from previous books. Its a nice check in for those of us who can't seem to let go of Emmaline or Mariketa and their scrumptious males. On the downside, my brain kept second guessing myself.
So what did I do?
Yep. Got out my dog eared previous tomes and checked in. Like I said, diabolical. *smiles evilly* Cause I love Nucking Futs Nix. Tons...
The second is more me than anything. Garreth, enormous hulking lykae that he is, is from the highlands of Scotland. Which, more than once, made me read out loud (or at least silently mouth) his words. And I kept visualizing Collin Ferrell's accent just to make sure I got it spot on. Not necessarily a bad thing, mind you. But it did make either the pup or the husband eye me suspiciously. (Kept them on their toes!)
When all is said and done, while I have kept promising this to you all (and welcome new followers!!), and adore and LURVE this series.
I may even start them once again.
And the gorgeous cover...that doesn't hurt, either.

4 comments:

  1. I hate when I catch typos after I publish. I apologize because I cannot blame my droid. It was me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book!! KC is sometimes a miss with me but this one was really great. I kind of liked that she went back to the beginning..but at the same time, I hope the next progresses the war a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree....I had to keep reminding myself the time it spanned. And the alliances...wrapped my head around it, and ready to see what's next...

    :) Thanks for stopping by, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another author I really keep meaning to read, but never get around to..I'm going to have buckle down and read her stuff-it sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete

It gets lonely, so feel free to let me know you stopped by!