Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Weekly Focus...Variations On A Theme



Every moment we spend doing the same over and over often leads to one of two things, getting better (practice makes perfect) or stagnation (or the definition of insanity). Plateaus and the feeling of being stuck can lead to frustration, which can make your practice suffer.

The answer? Change it up. It's that simple, but we can get so focused we forget the simple things.

For me, that means back to my bellydance roots. American cabaret...the style that most people think of when they hear the word bellydance. The lighter, more ballet-esque movements peppered with playful shimmies that began my bellydance journey...and made me accept who I am.

This week, I'm peppering my practice with a bit of cabaret, and maybe a little modern dance thrown in...

Should be interesting ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It gets lonely, so feel free to let me know you stopped by!