Thursday, May 16, 2013

Weekly Focus...Time

There's good news and bad news this week.

The bad? I haven't had the chance to post my bellydance weekly focus in the past two weeks.

The good? The reason behind the insanity.

Bellydance. A massive amount of practice, rehearsal, choreography, and learning/teaching.



As you may or may not be aware, a little over two years ago, my ankle had a very serious injury that was so serious that walking became crawling. This, if not taken care of, could become a permanent part of my life.

Which also meant no bellydance.

Fast forward to now. I am incredibly grateful, and am finally returning to my regular practice schedule.

Which is my focus. Getting a regular (and somewhat irregular) practice in, either of yoga and bellydance, teaching or learning, dance and bellydance, or yoga and dance.

Practice can mean so many things. For me, it is a consistent dedication to myself. The act of practice includes the drills, warm-ups, cool down, choreographing, movement, and even planning for me. And making that time fit in daily is an important component of that practice.

So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It gets lonely, so feel free to let me know you stopped by!