Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Guest Post: Author Emily Cale

Today, I giddily give you over to Emily Cale, author of Tamed...enjoy with a nice hot steaming mug of coffee!





In tenth grade, my history teacher used to remind us that Wyoming was God's country. Whether that meant God blessed or God forsaken was up to us. Of course, as a bored teenager who spent her Saturday nights drinking coffee and gossiping at the local twenty-four hour diner, I pretty much always thought the latter. When it came to apply to college, I judged schools based on one factor: how far away they were from Wyoming.

I don't remember when I first noticed, but on one of my many trips home for a holiday, I noticed that you could actually see the mountains on the drive from the airport to my house. The mountains had always been there, but the state of mind that allowed me to see them hadn't. After living in several large cities over the past seven years, my appreciation for the state has grown. Sure, my friends and I still hang out at the same diner, drinking coffee and gossiping when we get together over holidays, but I appreciate more of the little things. The friendly people, dear blue skies, and peaceful nights are among the things I never noticed growing up. I have also never noticed growing up. I have also never once gotten stuck in rush hour traffic.

Of course, if a single one of the cowboys at my high school (yes, we had them) looked like the guy on my cover, I might not have left. The guys in the agriculture program (a special track for students who were going to work on a ranch as a professional) at my school were considered extremely low on the social scale. I'm sure that now that they have grown, we will all be begging for their forgiveness at our next high school reunion.

The fact that Wyoming is blessed is something Lucas know from the start of Tamed. Delia, on the other hand, takes a little convincing. In a lot of ways, she is like me: A city girl who isn't sure Wyoming offers her enough. Fortunately, she has a cowboy who is willing to go the extra mile to make sure she sees just how wonderful it is.




TAMED


Can a hot fling on a Wyoming ranch lead to more than just sex?

Tired of bringing home unsatisfying and nameless men, Delia Hawthorne needs a change of pace. When her Aunt invites her to spend some time at their family's Wyoming ranch, it takes little prodding for her to agree.


When Delia arrives,s he finds what she has come to avoid: a take-charge ranch hand Lucas Dane. Despite her Aunt's warning of Lucas' womanizing reputation, she decides he may be worth the risk. What starts out as just sex quickly turns into more-forcing Delia to choose between the guy she is falling in love with and her responsibilities back home. What's a city girl to do?

Buy link: http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-tamed-484425-144.html

People can find me on my blog : http://emilycale.blogspot.com/

Twitter: http://twitter.com/EmilyCale




Thanks for stopping by, Emily! On a side note, I am anxious to get my hands on Tamed (due to technological difficulties, I'll need more coffee and I may just dust off the cowboy hat while a certain someone helps me out.). I'll let you know how it all works out...

2 comments:

It gets lonely, so feel free to let me know you stopped by!