Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Bellydance Bliss

This past weekend, a troupe mate and I had the pleasure to rehearse with a live band for a show that we are doing this Wednesday (you know, the one Wednesday people go out because they are usually off the next day, unless you work at Walmart!). 
The players in this adventure had never met face to face, and only two of them communicated via email and a few fast phone calls.  We each took it on faith that we would do the best for each other.
And we did.
I had never danced with a real live rock band, or even to a rock tune.  Most of the music I dance to is wither Middle Eastern inspired, electronica, or just plain not even close to main stream.  To say I was a bit nervous (not only for the choreography working, but for the energy we would share...what if they didn't like or understand what kind of bellydancer I am?) would be an understatement.  But, all things happen for a reason.  I was just hoping this one wouldn't be a lesson learned.
What happened was magical...and SO INSPIRING that we are thinking of continuing our odd yet perfect relationship of mutual admiration.  The live music and vibe pushed my dancing to another level, and I know my bellydance partner in crime felt the same.
It's all a part of taking that leap...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It gets lonely, so feel free to let me know you stopped by!