Thursday, January 5, 2012

Oh, How I've Missed You!

The last year has been both a blessing and a curse. Blessings are often accompanied by a few bumps in the road. The view and the journey normally well worth the bumps. Or chuck holes. Or craters.

The injury came just before the bundle of giggles that now gives me a never ending supply of warm fuzzies on a daily basis.

And now, with the New Year comes new beginnings, as well as new challenges. The ankle isn't as flexible as it was before, which makes much of the choreography an incredible challenge. Translation: This bellydancer can't dance in as many shows with her belly sisters as she would like, and teaching is on a break right now. Heartbreaking, but every single day I fight the good fight to get my muse back in her right place. (I love physical therapy. Really.)

The other change? I'm a mom. (Which still surprises me...I mean, they let me take this lil guy home? Aren't they afraid of what I'll do? Are they crazy? The answer is yes, obviously!) Work has taken a back seat to snuggles, spit up, and yoga with baby! Forget trying to read the book a day I was averaging...as you can tell by the frequency of posts over here.

Enter scheduled posts, my shiny new laptop (evil virus claimed old faithful with all my media. I'm still hopeful the hard drive can be saved.), and new wireless router. Let's see how the game turns out.

New Year's resolution...try to not let this page go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It gets lonely, so feel free to let me know you stopped by!