Friday, July 8, 2011

To Read, Or Not To Read

It's still there, lurking and waiting. Sometimes, it looks at me with longing. Other times, the feeling generates guilt. I know it's mad at me or feels abandoned.
The It? My TO BE READ pile. Or, as my husband calls it, the collect dust while everything else speeds on by pile.
Truly, I'm not sure the culprit is as simple as a reading slump or as complicated as I have a life changing event coming in a little over two months.
I have a feeling it's a bit of both.
To be honest, I'm overwhelmed with everything I have to do to get ready for my lil bundle of chaotic joy. Even the everyday simple mundane tasks seem overwhelming. (Don't even get me started on the kitchen remodel that keeps getting stalled. Oy.)
So, to get myself out of my slump, I pulled out an oldie but a goodie. Okay, maybe not that oldie.
If you've visited me in the past, you know the love I have for Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely series. After a few months of overwhelming (are you sensing a theme here?) feelings, I knew the only thing that could pull me out of this funk was Irial. And Niall. And Seth. And Ash..and Donia...and I hope you get the point.
So, five books later, I've finally picked up something new...partially to help my brain take a break every now and then. I'll let you know how it works!
And, I've decided to let the parts of the brain that can't seem to let go have its own voice on a lil blog I've started. If you want to check it out, great. If not, that's cool. But I hope you'll stop back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It gets lonely, so feel free to let me know you stopped by!