Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Preview...Steampunk Style



Being a fan girl at heart, this is one that I couldn't wait to get my hot little hands on. The hard part, though, is the getting hands on part. Because number zero has sold out not once, but twice and is on to its third printing. (Go Aspen Comics!) Which also means, for those of us who have, well, serious problems, more covers with fabulous art by Joe Benitez and J. Scott Campbell (and I'm sure a few others!). An artist owned title with kick booty artwork and storytelling from one of my favorite comic companies equals a win win...and its STEAMPUNK? Bonus!


(This one was a much anticipated contest prize that has had its ups and downs that have nothing to do with the actual book. Ahem, husband misplaced once. And now, I can't wait to share my thoughts with all of you.)

Being bitten in the past by various "steampunk" novels that maybe just didn't fit the bill for me (saying steampunk a dozen times or so a chapter does not a steampunk novel make), I was a tad skeptical at first but decided from the blog buzz to go for it just one more time. And, not that it really matters, but the steampunk episode of Castle made me, well, steam wanting. So, in deference not only to my fan girly-ness but the fun that is goggle-liciouness, onward and upward I read...

I have a feeling I'll be seeing you sooner than later!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you found the book!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Iron Duke!

    ReplyDelete

It gets lonely, so feel free to let me know you stopped by!