Saturday, March 20, 2010

Discovery...

In all honesty, I blame my love for book series on SVH when I was younger. I always loved getting involved in the stories (silly as they were...really Bruce? We know you're an arrogant jerk who somewhere had a heart of gold...gag) and never wanted to let go of the characters. (Though, really, General Hospital could have been a contributor, too...Luke is still on, right?)
Which, coming to my point, is one of the reasons I've never been able to love short stories. That moment of disappointment, of, really, no, I NEED MORE!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Until now...
I've discovered a new way to look at the short story aspect...as a way to enjoy an author's writing style, their storytelling weaving abilities. (I actually like to write short stories as character development exercise or just to keep myself feeling like the inner muse/creator is still in existence despite all I do in the real world. I know, silly me....)
And so...I embark...and the first in this experiment will be a favorite of mine, Melissa Marr from Love is Hell.
And who knows...I may "discover" a few new friends, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It gets lonely, so feel free to let me know you stopped by!